Tuesday, September 1, 2009

IDEAS

Ideas for new stories pop into my head all the time. Sometimes they slowly creep into my waking moments. On other occasions, the ideas force their way to the forefront of my thoughts. It doesn't matter how the idea comes to life, I can't ignore them. So that I don't lose the idea forever, I've devised what I consider to be an effective way to keep the material straight in my poor overworked brain and under used computer.

I create folders on my computer hard drive for each story idea. Once the folder is setup I put all the material in that folder. For example, I've got an idea for a young adult story. When I find interesting tidbits on the Internet, I copy the article/story and add it to this folder. Names, settings, and story outline are added to the folder. Normally I'm working under a deadline, folders keeps the ideas straight in my head. Once I've completed my current project, I'll open this folder and begin the process of organize the information.

This is a simple, easy, and effective way to manage the writing portion of my daily life without making my brain hurt too much.

If you have ideas that you would like to share, e-mail me at karenwhiteowens@yahoo.com. I'd love to hear from you and remember, don't be a stranger.

No comments: